Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Connecting-Connecting-Connected-Online

This is not the right time to be blogging but yeah I am. I dumped my laptop on Nov 30th so that I could (I thought) actually concentrate on my finals which is gonna start on Dec 7. Things didn't turn out fine. Haha. So stupid of me! My Economics, Chemistry and Physics notes are in my laptop and how to study without it? Plus past year papers are also online which I did not print out before. =(

Let that be it. Another different agenda. These, 5 days being disconnected I realized that my productivity level is far far below average. E.g. I could normally finish 3 topic sections of calculus + exercises in one hour and a half with my laptop by my side and without, I could only finish 2 topic sections in that same time frame minus exercises!! Sigh..

My original hypothesis was, "If I could avoid from being distracted by my laptop, I could use that time to study." Hell, my hypothesis is far from true. The conclusion after the experiment is "Time is divided for studies and for laptop distractions with a marginal ratio of 2 : 4 and productivity level is average." I know this is not gonna explain anything. Its kinda weird and confusing. Below would be some scenarios that I went through :

Without Laptop

1. Everyday, I am sleeping for 12 - 13 hours!! Damn it. Too much of sleep makes me lazy.

2. I started skipping my physical exercises and use that time to sleep instead.

3. My sleeping function is going haywire. It was suppose to be Inverse Sleep Function (nocturnal) but now it is back to Normal Sleep Function.

4. Related to 3. Since now I sleep at night instead of day, I had to study during the day instead of night. My productivity level during daytime = very very low and slow.

5. When I get bored studying which happens occasionally and periodically (every 15 - 20 mins), I stand up from my chair and start reading novels or go to the window and stare at the road, walk around my room aimlessly, going out of the house and to the bakery to get my stomach filled up every now and then, and also a very high tendency to jump on the bed and hide myself under the blanket. (all these activities are eating my time).

6. It is TOO QUIET!! Haha. Had to complain on that. =P

With Laptop

1. I sleep a good 4 - 6 hours. This regulates my normal body metabolism rate and keeps me active and I have more time in a day to spend.

2. I exercise regularly although I don't know what this has to do with the absence and presence of laptop, it simply happens to be the case.

3. I sleep when I am non-productive and am wide awake when its the best time for me to study; night! To relate this to why the sleeping pattern changes is because of MSN buddies. I wait to chat with my friend back in Malaysia. This keeps me up awake at night. =)

4. When I have the laptop and if I get bored studying, I usually chat, go check facebook, read news or listen to music. All these are done with me not moving from the table. Higher possibility that I will continue with my studies.

5. Music! Keeps me alive. Haha. Not so quiet is better.

Okay. That's it. My laptop is actually helping my studies. Haha. Just need to cut down the distractions a Little bit. =D


 

3 comments:

  1. hey hey! =)
    i linked u too..haha.hello too!

    p/s: life without laptop sucks.hard to survive without one! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on!! Like living an empty life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha ~ nicez one :D

    ReplyDelete