Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Critical Mass Cycling Journey

I'm exhausted. 1.13 am now. Still not sleepy but hell yeah, i'm TIRED!! I need sleeping pills. But hey, so many people requested me to upload pics of Canada. I just don't know why but I always feel lazy to do that. JUST that. I will try my best. Actually I did better ok!! At the bottom you will see video clips Le Tour de Canada!! Hehe.

Ok, since I joined the Cycling Club in Ryerson, my friend Jacob asked me to join him for a bike ride. Critical Mass is held once a month. 2nd Saturday of each month. (not sure if the details are exact or not) I had to go to Eglinton and Yonge intersection to meet the convoy.

And so, I pulled out my cycling map and checked the spot! Looked very near to me. Forgot to check the damn km ratio. I cycled and cycled for such a long time to reach the meet up point. I'm ALWAYS on time and usually early for any appointments. That's a policy that I seldom fail to follow. My pride. Since I didn't know the exact distance and I still didn't reach the place, I took out the map again and studied. Damn. I just made halfway there. and I had only 15 mins left.

That's it. Speeded like hell and managed to be there on time. Panting like a dog that ran around chasing after its tail for god knows how long. Lucky I had Fisherman's Friend (cherry flavour ~ funny why I'm starting to choose stuff with cherry flavour in it. I know someONE who will laugh at this.) to raise my glucose level up.

I met a few more cyclists there and we chatted a while before we took off. Not many turned up cause there was this Toronto International Film Festival thingy going on everyday for a week. So, the crowd went there. They had some Zombie Walk today. Haha. The locals dressed up in zombie outfits and all in Dundas Square. We were left with 5 people. Actually had 7 but 2 larikan diri after some kilometres.

Gosh. We cycled so far! Dont know the exact distance though, but it took 6 hours in total for me to go and come back to my house. Nearly the end of the journey I started to feel cramps. My bicycle had big tyres (normal ones) which is good for long distance. Didn't have time to change them. So, I had to exert extra energy because of more frictional force and it slows down real fast and I have to pedal and pedal!

I miss my lovely old bike. And my dad's bicycle shop! Man! How much I miss it now! I could have modified and improvised that 2nd hand bike into a high class road cruiser!! Stupid tyres plus the fact that I have not cycled for a pretty long time since I joined college back in Malaysia. around 1 year. I cycled but very seldom and extremely short distance. So..... my freaky muscles dah tak boleh pakai. I do go out jogging often but jogging involves "gastrocnemius and soleus" a.k.a calf muscles. However, for cycling I don't need them that much!! I need the hamstring group.

Lucky just lucky I made it. I still had stamina with me. It helped. Phew.. Ok cut the crap!! Membebel je saya. Look at the clips below. I did took the clips as I cycled. Don't play play. (wasn't easy ~ kids don't do this at home ok) I dropped my camera once as I ran into a pothole and the camera slipped off and fell!! I thought it was gone for good. But hey miraculously IT survived!! The odd thing is, there was not even a scratch even though it fell really badly and on top of tar road. (must have my blood running it kot ~ I'm always save)


















Haha. The videos very bad quality. Shaking here and there. (blame the cameraman)

Here are some pics as well. Its in facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2032558&id=1538372116&l=cde88fa573

No comments:

Post a Comment